View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRunner
You only boot up once after purchase or if you need to reset. The Nook is suppose to be kept in standby mode when not in use. So, it's not an issue. Plus, the long start up time you experienced is probably due to the demo. My Nook starts up in less than 30 seconds and I keep it in standby mode.
Well, there's a distinction between the way the Nook designers want a person to use their device and how that said person actually uses the device (a basic idea behind user-centered design). So whether or not the designers meant for the device to be in perpetual standby, I as a user would probably like to turn it off if I'm packing it away into luggage for a trip (or something).

Quote:
Originally Posted by harliquin
New here, and only have had my nook for one day.
I do want to be able to lock the screen with a pass code, or at least a pin number.
I would hate to lose it and have someone by hundreds of books from my nook.
I haven't seen any ebook reader device have that feature (unlike smartphones or PMPs). Would be a nice feature have in the event, you lose yours and you have hundreds of paid for titles on there as well as your account logged in. I'd be more afraid someone purchasing something with the stolen Nook.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote