View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
At a first guess, I would think it has less to do with the embedded font, and more to do with the encoding of the CSS.

While the ePub 2 spec wasn't explicit on it, the CSS should be UTF8 encoded, but the whether or not the byte order marks are there shouldn't matter. So my guess is that there is something in the tool chain you are using that is outputting UTF8 that is causing RMSDK problems.

Have you tried editing CSS with non embedded fonts?
I am using Notepad++ to do the editing. If I change the encoding of the CSS to UTF-8, the bold shows up. If the encoding is UTF-8 without BOM, then the font displays fine. If I remove the embedded font, the bolding is normal and no problem using the default ADE fonts.

I'll attach a couple of B&N samples later tonight. One that shows the problem and one that does not. And the only difference will be the CSS encoding.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote