View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrow24 View Post
They are all equally hard depending on your personal style.

I find it hard to write short stories since all of my stories have multuple subplots and complex and wide ranging main plots. I think minimum for me is Novella or maybe Novllete length (15k-50k words).

Some people find short story the easiest format but to me it's hard to edit down my stories to that point and still accomplish what I want with them.
I agree with M Crow. When I was young I wrote short stories, but always had a problem to keep them short. When I came back to writing, I started with film manuscripts, 90-120 pages target. Never made it.

Now I feel comfortable with novels. I thought my first would be about 100-125k, but it turned out to be 200k. I'm aiming for a shorter novel with #2. I'll be happy with 150k.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote