View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #50
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by test011 View Post
Thanks for the tip.
Does anybody know why there are two different K3 3G+WiFi firmwares?

What would be the difference between Serial no. prefix B00A and Serial no. prefix B006 model? I can guess it's something to do with 3G portion of the device, but why separate firmwares? Are these two that different in hardware?
I believe it is

B006 = Kindle 3G+WiFi from the US store (AT&T)
B00A = Kindle 3G+WiFi from the UK store (Vodafone)

The difference may actually be that it is the different providers and not the store itself. Either way that is the reason for the differing serial number prefixes.

I've no idea why needs different versions though. Same with the WiFi version. I would have expected it to have 1 unified firmware which covers all 3 variants and just checks to see what it has been installed on.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote