View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 04:46 PM   #18
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
If you want eBooks to be a success, I encourage you to not pay money for any eBook that has DRM on it, and send a message to authors and publishers that DRM is a pipe dream and putting out an eBook with DRM on it is a bad business move.
Actually, even better for each ebook out there everyone should buy one drm pdf version for the pc since as we all know pdf is the most popular reading format, one drm prc/ereader version for whatever mobile device you have and supports it, one drm lrf for the Sony, and maybe even one drm imp, just not to forget the Ebk1150, and of course one drm lit since after all that one is popular too and we should encourage Microsoft since they gave us all this wonderful software after all. I would mention one drm embiid too, but sadly they went out of business

This way the authors and publishers will be encouraged to restrict even more our rights as consumers, come out with even more drm formats and do a Google video act from time to time (abandon their current drm so your ebooks are not readable anymore, and you have to repurchase them if you want to reread them).

Happily I think that most law abiding people will do just that since after all that's the law, you want to read drm on the Sony, you gotta have a lrf, you want to read on your Palm you gotta have prc or ereader, you want to read on your Ebk you gotta have imp, you want to read on your 770, oops there is no currently any drm format supported, so that device should go in the trash else be a sign of piracy were you to be seen reading on it
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote