View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #109
cearbhallain
Groupie
cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
I don't think anyone has mentioned that reading The Egg and I gives us an excellent excuse to watch the movie again. If you've never seen it, Claudette Colbert plays the wife who must learn to cope with rural society. Being Claudette Colbert, she always comes across as gracious, even when she's in a state of extreme culture shock. Also, it was funny.

If, on the other hand, you like a book that's all about pandering to the literati by creating a story about characters being abducted from their plots, with in-jokes that "serious" readers of literature will appreciate then Eyre Affair is your book. I liked that sort of thing when I was a teenager, but I was a sci-fi geek, so I read the Hitch-hiker's Guide. I tried to read Eyre Affair recently, but it was just too precious.

GO EGG!
cearbhallain is offline   Reply With Quote