View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #16115
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Next indie book is The Last Bad Job by Colin Dodds:

Bit of a strange one, so I'll see how I go.
This was quite good actually. Very quotable and something a book club could really get into, the author seems to explore almost random messages of consumerism, selfishness and ennui until he decides to end us all in a massive apocalyptic cacophony. So many messages, or maybe only one, but the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll were fun.

For the next indie read, I'm pulling out the big guns. I'm finally getting ready to read the Shift omnibus by Hugh Howey. He's one of the few authors that I can still treat as indie even though he has big book deals with major publishers. He's one of the vanguard, the pioneers of a new publishing age. Or he's just a guy who got pretty lucky. Either way, I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into this one.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote