View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #28
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
that sounds amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
There is an extension/plug-in Writer2xhtml that will allow you to export from OpenOffice or LibreOffice to EPub - which you can then open in Sigil for a final tidy-up. Writer2xhtml does a very good job of producing a fairly clean epub, but like all office software, there's generally some invisible detritus in there that I like to eliminate (and I'm also obsessive about other things ).
Thanks gmw. This sounds too good to be true. (I looked at the link.) It seemed like Glen favored LibreOffice, so if I compose in LibreOffice, then I export to EPub, then to Sigil for the final tidy-up, I'll be good to go.

I've got a couple of novels in Word 2003 still so those will be what I'll be working on for a bit, but I'm definitely keeping your suggestion in mind for future projects. Thanks a lot.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote