View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrry94087 View Post
I have a SimpleTouch v.1.0.1 and thinking about updating it's software. My motivation: I like b&n epub reader. Plus it is nice to keep software updated.

All installed android packages are updated by android automatically. But what about the original packages (some are b&n specific) and other parts of android that originally came with the Nook?

There is 1.1.2 update (.zip) file available for download from b&n website. It has 644 files, many .apk files, .so, etc.

Did anybody try to use this on the rooted nook? Will this unroot it if I just follow instructions that came with update? I am thinking maybe it is a good idea to just install .apk only?

Any experiences in this area?
FWIW, my NST came with FW v1.0.1 and had a bug (occasional sudden freeze that necessitates power-cycle to recover) which got fixed by the subsequent FW update.

I didn't get around to root my NST until after the update to v1.1.2, but from what I read on XDA forums updating stock FW will revert the tablet to un-rooted state.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote