Thread: MobileRead February 2012 - Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #10
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
This is a tough choice, in fact I am still debating whether or not to even vote. When I saw the initial list of ten nominees I thought, as I believe did Orlok, that none of the nominees were what I thought of when thinking of a romance novel. I was expecting a book with a picture of a bare-chested hunk holding a beautiful woman on the cover.

Well so anyway looking more into Outlander it seems like a potentially entertaining science fiction/fantasy time travel novel. If, as write ups on it suggest, the author went to great care to accurately describe the reality of life in mid-18th Century Scotland I might enjoy this as a real change of pace. It sure does not strike me as a romance novel though. It is actually available as an ebook from my local library, but with a long waiting list.

The other possibility is Tender Is the Night. I have not read it, but also I would call it more another in the classics genre rather than a romance.

I will have to think about how to, or even if to, vote.
in every respect.

Still haven't decided, though I'm leaning towards Outlander - I agree that the Fitzgerald falls more squarely into the Classics category.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote