View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 06:06 PM   #51
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
You should know that Ms. Rowling owns an ebook reader-a Kindle. . Somehow I doubt that she objects to her books coming out in mobi. format or is concerned about geek ideas of "openness".
If anyone seriously thinks that the Pottermore business team is making decisions based on which format can better handle hanging indents or image re-flow, well, they just don't understand the situation.
When I wrote that post, I was thinking, "I bet she owns a Kindle!"

Your logic is sound. And, to be 100% honest, I am wrote that post mostly on hope rather than reason. I want a standardized format, and it is in the best interest of consumers, with Amazon the only hold out. But wanting something doesn't make it so.

You do have to admit, however, that it's strange a Kindle owner would choose the two companies most opposed Amazon: Google and Sony. And that their announcement would suggest there's only one format.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote