View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
And thats the rub.

Among F&SF readers, you are almost certainly in the minority. Way in the minority.

Did you subscribe before, or are you just protesting on general principle?
I am less in the minority then you think. The problem is you think this is a good thing and that everyone should be able to deal with maybe stripping DRM and converting. Well, I'll give you the reality of this. Not everyone can. Not everyone wants to. Not everyone will want to be bothered even if they can. Not everyone will want to give their money to Amazon. And by everyone, I mean everyone not already reading Kindle eBooks in the native format. So really, if you think this is a good deal for F&SF, it's not and it never will be.

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-25-2011 at 07:52 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote