View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #38
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narengil View Post
Hi, I've modified the plugin to enable an optional proportional scaling of the cover.

There are two buttons to set an entry to scale "proportional" or "non proportional". The default setting is "non proportional". In proportional mode the cover will be scaled that the width and height will be at least the defined sizes.

The saved config should be compatible with the original plugin, so you could switch the plugins easily.

Since I have no experience with Python I've copy and pasted the code as good as I could

Any response, expecially if there are any problems would be appreciated.
Well done! Works for me

I have some 'landscape' covers that are handled nicely with your update -

@other testers - you to do a calibre restart to load the revised PI after installing it - PI's are loaded when calibre starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Shouldn't the label use: Maintain Aspect instead of 'proportional'?

or
The Column: 'Aspect Maintained'
Values: No, Yes
- although 'proportional' is sometimes used in this context. In my screen shot the one on the right is from Irfanview - could be a translation 'thing', IV comes from a Bosnian living in Austria.

@Narengil the word 'proportional' has a particular significance in the context of books, it refers to fonts and other typographical issues. So in this context - 'Preserve/Keep/Maintain Aspect Ratio' would be a better.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	686
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	133662  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote