View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #22414
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
In '71 I survived the San Fernando quake (6.6) living just a few miles from the epicenter. Emptied all our shelves but did no structural damage.

In '94 I was visiting some friends in L.A., just in time for the Northridge Quake (6.7) that did so much damage to that side of L.A

In '95, a quake registering 7.2 just about flattened the city of Kobe, an hours drive from where I was living. Again, emptied all our shelves, knocked over chairs, did no structural damage to our house, but wiped out all the windows in the University I was teaching at, and cracked a few walls.

I'm getting tired of earthquakes.

Stitchawl
And to think I was considering inviting you to visit our place....
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote