View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #157
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Especially if they keep counting each downloader as a "lost sale" I met someone, who, prior to his discovery about the tools, used to ONLY buy books if he knew he could get a pirated copy of it somewhere.

I often wonder how many "pirates" are precisely like him, bought the book, but just want to, uh, keep it? Basically keeping the copy as "proof" that he bought and paid for it.
My sister had an other rant a few day ago about not being to buy a book from one of her favorite authors, because it's geo restricted... The joy of expatriates unable to buy books from their native country...

Fight piracy starts with making sure people willing to buy can do so. And can do so easily.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote