View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #14
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Thank you, Kenny and Neil, for the compliment. Just so others understand, I am not soliciting work here on Mobile Read. My editing is limited to nonfiction (primarily medical written by doctors for doctors and education written by educators for educators) and I do not work directly with authors; I work only for established traditional publishers. I hope knowing that will add a tiny bit of credence to what I write .

FWIW, the asking of the original question by James has led me to add the topic to my blog. I hope to draw input from colleagues, because the issue is a difficult one. As Jaxx notes, it is easy to claim to be a professional editor, but how does one prove it or demonstrate it to a potential client? In my case, I'm working in a narrow area and thus have built a reputation over my 26 years, but even so, things change and proving that I am a professional editor requires constant reproving.

For those interested in my blog post, it is Finding a Professional Editor: The Needle in the Haystack Problem. Although it is currently early (I only posted the article a couple of hours ago), what will be interesting will be reader comments.

Last edited by rhadin; 10-19-2010 at 06:54 PM.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote