View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #16
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Congratulations!

Sounds like you picked up the best choice for your current needs.

I wouldn't worry about wanting extra readers. I'm pretty happy with my Kindle, but I wouldn't mind having a nook (even though they've no support whatsoever for my country), a Kobo (despite the weird firmware problems and less-than-optimal ergonomics; it's backed by a Canadian company and I do want to encourage local industry), or a spiffy new Kindle DX Graphite (if they ever add left-hand side buttons), or an iPad (though I'm really holding out for a MacTablet), or even one of the other readers which can be hacked to do nifty things.

Lots of people on the forums have more than one, and if you ever feel you've outgrown the PRS-300, or you've got room in your life for something which covers an expanded niche (9 inch screen for viewing PDFs or the like, while you keep the PRS for more portable on-the-go reading), you can always pick up another.

They'll just get cheaper and better-featured down the road, and if it turns out you end up getting one that doesn't quite fit what you want, then an e-reader is a great gadget to pass on to someone else and introduce them to the joys of portable electronic literacy and the accessibility of the public domain.

Happy reading, and hope your mom gets better soon!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote