View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #19
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitech_luddite View Post
In another thread here a writer was criticized for his use of religious swearing. I haven't yet read his book but I have little doubt he chose the vocabulary that he thought his characters would use. Is the craft of a writer to hold a mirror up to reality or offer an idealized version of it which has been shaped for the individual prejudices of the reader?

You are probably referring to my post about Jon Spoelstra's book "Red Chaser". Even if not a direct reference, it still fits.

Freedom of speech cuts both ways. The author is free to write whatever they want, and the reader is free to review and criticize however they want. It's part of the exchange of ideas. My comments in that thread were probably a little strong, but it was how I felt about it.
jasonfedelem is offline   Reply With Quote