View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #9
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by A J Edwards View Post
Many thanks for this. My view is that if I have the "perfect document" in MS Word then the conversion software should be capable of delivering it exactly the same in epub format. It should not be necessary to mess around editing the document.
My interest is in writing books - not in messing about with them. I have also had a good look at various other packages and quite frankly none of them really deliver the goods.
Perhaps this is why they are free? Surely someone out ther has a commercial package that can deliver the goods? I live in hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
I think you need to choose different program than MS Word to create the docuemnt. While the document in MS Word looks perfect, the underlying representation in HTML is a hopeless mess.
To see an example of the kind of HTML that MS Word delivers, create a short document in MS Word, save it as HTML, and then open it in a text editor. This can be a real eye opener.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote