View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #443
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@pgfiore: No, if you want a signle fixed screensaver, then put a single file in there .

@NullNix: It bothered me too, until I started working on the K3 port, and realized the framework itself was already doing a crazy amount of superfluous IO .

FWIW, the hack is only doing extra IO on cache miss or true book switch, it won't do anything on a true cache hit [it's not replacing the exact same file with itself if you open the same book twice]).

That said, I can probably come up with something slightly less uglier. Can't use sym/hardlinks straight away because the userstore is a vfat part, so, no dice, but we *can* indeed use something else (the settings part), without even having to resort to an extra tmpfs mount.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote