Thread: The Freeloaders
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #50
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSpalding View Post
And as for the claim piracy effects sales of popular movies, I invite those who claim this to look at the box office for The Dark Knight. It made a billion, even though it got pirated to high heaven, because it was a brilliant movie.
These claims never fail to amuse me and I have no idea WHY such fraudulent accounting is not investigated with prejudice. How could such losses be sustainable and it is evident through consumer surveys that downloaders "acquiring" a movie or music album would never had seen or purchased it in the first place. Net loss thus is negated.

You mention The Dark Knight and I will add Avatar. Easily one of the most pirated movies of late (I do not know why really, it needed to be seen in 3D) yet made over a billion dollars at the box office. So I truly wonder what sort of anti-piracy spin that the MPAA will regurgitate to the populace?

I am starting to believe the chasm between the coke sniffing movie industry and the punters will never, ever truly be bridged, especially with the current dross served up to those that hope for good quality entertainment.