View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #12
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray
Now, the idea of a multi-format reader that could open an epub ebook and lookup words with a mobi dictionary has occured to me before, but no one has implemented that to my knowledge. It would be a good interim measure and would immediately give that particular device access to the wide variety of mobi dictionaries.
There seems to be a problem with licensing, see Bookeen's case. They're going to maintain two firmware versions, because the license doesn't allow them to fit the mobi and the epub support into a single firmware. So mobi is definitely not a good interim solution. I would rather propose open XDXF format as an interim solution until a proper epub dictionary format with drm support is introduced.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote