View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #20
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Re: Using Calibre to manage Kobo

I forgot to respond to this previously - apologies, I got all righteous and forgot about this very sweet and kind suggestion.

I have read so many people having no problems using Calibre with their Kobos, which is wonderful! The one time - ONE TIME!! - I tried using my Kobo with Calibre it corrupted my Kobo so badly I had to do a factory reset. Luckily I had only 200 ebooks on it at the time, so bringing it back was only a matter of about 30 minutes. Yes, it was back in October 2011, but I haven't tried using it with Calibre since. I even go so far as to try and make sure Calibre is not open when I connect my reader (I've forgotten a few times, twice it froze the Kobo to a paperclip reset).

Now, that could be because I don't update Calibre as rote, only when I need to in order to convert a Mobi that's being stubborn. Or that I don't update my firmware to the current version (as has been noted). Either way, I don't like the risk. The idea of recreating 4 pages of shelves and having to go in and add 1049 books to those shelves (I added more last night) fills me with more dread than giving birth to twins did.

I honestly don't mind removing the SD card and making shelves. It's much faster, I can make five or six shelves at a time and rename them when I want.

But, as always, I sincerely thank you for your genuine offers of help and support.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote