View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #12
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
The Asus mentioned about is about $1000. Others on the forum have spoken highly of the Nokia N800 which can be had for $219 on Tiger direct. It would probably display a PDF much better than a 6inch reader. I think it has a 7 inch sreen... and if the PDF view is Adobe's would support document reflow.

BOb
I bought my Asus for $600. If you look around you can find some bargains.

The Asus is a computer and can do so much more than any book reader or an internet tablet.....Ink, GPS, VGA out, Bluetooth, WIFI, you name it! It does not replace my desktop computer, but it is the one I carry back and forth to work and the one I use in my job....it sure beats hauling around a laptop.

Of course it weighs more than my Cybook, the battery life is about 4 hours, so nothing like a Cybook, it gets hot....but I did not buy the Asus just to read books on it. Even so, I much prefer to read PDF books on the Asus than on my laptop or my Cybook.

Last edited by ProfJulie; 05-16-2008 at 10:52 PM.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote