View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I tend to have a few on the go at once. Right now I'm cycling among:

Audiobooks: Finishing up Jane Gardam's novel "Old Filth", and have started Mary Roach's nonfiction about the afterlife "Spook" (which I'll continue with as my "main" audiobook after Gardam). Moreover,
I sometimes listen to stories from Joyce's "Dubliners" and Julian Barnes' "The Lemon Table" here and there.

E-books open on my reader:

1) "The Secret Lives of Somerset Maugham" - about halfway through, nice in small doses, but not exactly riveting.

2) "Grounded" - story of a couple's travels around the world by surface only, so interesting I want the relatively short book (200 pages) to last.

3) "The Art of Eating In" - nearly finished with this (sort of) non-TV reality TV show about the life of a New York blogger who vows not to eat restaurant food (for a couple of years).

4) A non-Holmes novel by Conan Doyle, translated into French, for reading practice - the Sony
French-English dictionary works great!

5) A book of film 1000 film reviews that's taken me a couple months to get barely 1/3 of the way through.

Print book: almost finished with "Majestie" (bio of James I), a quick read that I got off the library's New Books shelf a few days ago.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote