View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #1171
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by superium View Post
I've download an image for kindle 3.4 and kernel 3.4.

I know i could use dd command to flash the mmcblk0p after link COM and export mmc as usb .but I don't know how to flash the kernel to my k3 .

it' not included in mmcblk0p1-3.4+jb+keys.img.gz ? then i should deel with it before or after flash mmcblk0p ?
We have a thread here about a tool called: K3Flasher.
Probably the best choice for use on the K3.

We have a huge amount of information in this Debricking sticky thread.
Which includes how to debrick a K3.

Since the kernel is not running when the flashing is done - it really doesn't matter which you do first.

But the kernel and the file system image both have to be flashed before the job is done.
The system image file does not include the kernel, but it does include the kernel's installable modules. Which is why they need to be installed as a matched pair.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote