View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pietro View Post
i press the X but doesn't work, they are saved just the time you're still reading the book... if you go to homepage and reopen the same book the notes disappear
OK, that isn't the case here.

The bookmark and annotations are stored in two places: in the internal database and in a file under "Digital Editions\Annotations". The surprising thing, to me anyway, is that the file is the primary source. If you fiddle with that file somehow, then the annotations change. I have deleted the file to remove them all, and also copied the file, did a factory reset and put the file back afterwards to restore the annotations.

So, I am wondering if something is preventing the updating of this file on your device. File system corruption could be it. But, if you connect to a Windows PC, it will check this and prompt you if to do a scandisk to fix it. I don't know if a Mac or Linux will do this. Something causing the file to become readonly would also do this. Another possibility is file path length being to long (I seem to be stuck on this today), but that should prevent the annotations file being created in the first place.

Checking back through the thread, you mention this is happening for a book that had annotations before the firmware upgrade. Does it happen for a book you have put on the device since?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote