View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
Well, it works as simple as that. I already had a USB OTG cable, connected it to my old 8 GB flash drive that has my Calibre library on it and the app flashed a message showing my drive. I could see all the books from my flash drive on Nexus 7. I saved few books on tablet which it did smoothly. Just to be sure, I transferred some of my movies and songs on flash drive. I selected the files and transferred them to the tablet. App handled all the files equally well. Streaming of videos and songs from USB drive was quite smooth as well.
Out of curiosity, I connected a 500GB portable hard drive and for a moment I was stunned because I could see all the files, movies, songs and documents. Off course, my happiness was short lived and files started disappearing as hard drive kept disconnecting every few seconds. It doesn't matter as I didn't expect it to work with hard drive.
I am very pleased that I didn't have to root nexus 7 to connect my USB drive. Now can carry all the SD cards and flash drives I want to extend the memory of Nexus. It costs just £1.27 for the app and £1.49 for the cable.
Was the disconnecting because the hard drive was trying to power off the USB port. I have a 1TB drive that does that.

If so will it work if the drive is self powered?
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote