View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #49
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I couldn't wait any longer - I took the plunge and ordered an iPad mini for pick-up at the Apple store! So I'm going today or tomorrow to pick it up.

I didn't really mean to. I was looking around just to see how available it was, and delivery time online said at least two weeks, and most random stores were out of the model I wanted (in silver/white definitely ) then the Apple Store I called around closing time said they had a few and if I wanted to secure it I could order it for pick-up online after a certain time when the inventory updates. I wasn't going to buy one right away, but it seemed like my options were now or possibly two weeks after whenever I decided or constantly checking to see when it might happen to be in stock in stores...so I decided now.

Ordering for pick-up was easy, and sure enough, before the particular inventory update time, I would try and all of the 20 closest Apple stores (lol since most all are very far away) that it searches were sold out of the model I wanted. Then at the appointed time, boom, the one store here said it was in stock. Out of curiosity I looked at the other 19 stores it displays and they were all still sold out after the inventory update. And after I bought mine, I looked again out of curiosity and the store I had bought it from showed sold out. So it seems like I got the very last one for now at any of the 20 closest Apple stores.

I'm so excited to get it! It's an early Christmas present to myself since I wouldn't ask anyone else to get me something that costs this much. It's my first tablet and I'm hoping it will become my main e-reader.

But looking at my username and the ad pics it should've been obvious I was going to choose the iPad mini:
Spoiler:

sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote