View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #49
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaejr View Post
[RANT ON]I still can't figure out all the whining about DRM...it is no different than a software license. If you ACTUALLY read the EULA for the software you are only allowed to install it on one (1) computer. Just because you have multiple computers does not mean you can install it on all of them with the same license...and it is no different with ebooks, you license it for the device you use.[RANT OFF]

The simple solution is if you don't like/agree with it don't buy books with it...
No. If I pay for it, then it's my personal property and I will do with it as I please. Of course, I'm still subject to the law - same as with any other personal property. I will treat a purchased ebook the same as I would a paper book and ignore any arbitrary "rules" backed by petty tyrant wannabes.

You may say the license is the law, and my response would be that the law is only as good as the lawmaker's ability to enforce it.

Last edited by no.guru; 02-11-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: tpyo
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote