Thread: iPad FAQ
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
What is the source of these Q&A's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus Esprit View Post
Q: Which Video Converter should I use to convert movie or dvd to iPad?
A: I recommend you isharesoft iPad Video Converter or iSharesoft DVD to iPad Converter.
If you're looking for an excellent, free, alternative I'd highly recommend HandBrake, which also runs on Windows, Mac OS and Linux.

Quote:
Q: Does the Safari browser use tabs, like on the iPhone/iPod touch?
A: Yes, and they are much better looking on the iPad.
They aren't really tabs, not like FireFox, IE and Chrome implement tabs, they are more like extra windows. But I agree, far easier to manage than on the iPhone. I wonder if 4.0 will bring this scheme over to the iPhone.

Quote:
Q: Where can I find a complete list of the iPad's Tech Specs?
A: See the official Apple iPad specifications page.
http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

Quote:
Q: Does the iPad have internal speakers?
A: Yes; they are located at the bottom of the iPad next to the dock connector. There is a volume cradle located on the side of the iPad to adjust volume levels.
Should be noted, while the iPad has 2 speakers driving sound, they are not stereo. For stereo sound you need to use headphones.

Quote:
Q: Does the iPad have GPS?
A: Yes. However, the WiFi-only iPad has a Digital Compass for it's Location Services.
Should note the WiFi only iPad determines its location through Sky Hook Wireless.

Quote:
Q: Are eBooks readable (in iBook) direct sunlight?
A: Yes.
This one is debatable. With the sun shining overhead or directly behind me, it's not very readable unless I am doing something to shadow the iPad. Certainly not compared to an eInk screen.

Thanks for the list though.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote