Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 04:33 AM   #145
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
I've suspected firmware from the outset, but the problem is we can't discount the other factors because we have no real way of knowing - and that's the real problem.

For example, there are two Touch versions that we know of that are ostensibly the same yet require different firmware. We know of this not from Kobo but from feedback in the forums here which was tacitly "confirmed" by Kobo recommending that future updates be conducted using the desktop software. So what if there are yet further minor revision changes in the new hardware such that whilst they share a common firmware, some units will manifest a power bug not seen on others? Only Kobo know for sure and they aren't exactly being forthcoming.

Rather than speculate further I'd simply like to know what outcome is likely as my RMA window is shrinking. Is this problem deemed resolvable by a future firmware fix, or should I return it?
Kobo don't know yet what's causing the problem. However, they are looking into it and they are suggesting different things for me to try. I even received emails about it from higher-ups on a Sunday... So I do think they're taking the problem seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
I'm 10 full days in, 18.75 hours of reading on lowest lighting level, and now at 63%.
Oooh nice! I'm so jealous!

(I'm not sure what that jumping thing is, but I needed something green with envy )
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote