View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #26
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Hi Ian,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borlani View Post
Hi Wiz,
(I think your name is very apt as this is all "Magic" to me).
Ha ha, no that is not my doing Mobileread has given me that moniker. I think it's related to post count or karma.

Quote:
Can you tell me what is the latest version please? I have found this post with BookCreator 3.0 but a previous post has BookCreator v3.5.

I note that the original post is now around 3 years old - do you have more up to date info online?
Yes the latest version is BookCreator(BC) v3.5. The thread you mentioned is a sticky and will always have the latest version, for now. The BC on this thread is old.

That said, I think I will be moving my tool away from MobileRead. I feel my involvement on this site getting seriously reduced or coming to an end.

The site is BookCreator (http://code.google.com/p/bookcreator/ )

I also have a Blog where I am planning on having articles and tutorials (some on BC)
Reminiscence of an eBookreader (http://reminiscenceofanebookreader.wordpress.com/)

I haven't been too active on either of those sites but I will be picking up my activity.

You are welcome to host the file on your site, but as time progresses and updates are made they will become stale, as it stands I am currently working on an update and adding new features.

Quote:
Am I right in thinking that one needs to install Calibre, THEN BookCreator because it calls routines from Calibre?
The order does not matter but yes you do need calibre to create eBooks with BookCreator.

In theory you can use BC w/o calibre since the real power of the BC tool is that the UI has been optimize the book formatting process. I know of some folks that use BC to format their books then past the content into Sigil or their eBook creating tool. Microsoft has the ability to export a document in HTML format.

What BC does is takes the Book formatting features a step farther and integrates with calibre so that one can create an eBook within the BC tool.

Quote:
As part of my project I am preparing to do some Video Tutorials, I would most definitely like to include one on BookCreator. It won't be happening overnight, but when its done shall I send you a copy (to do with as you see fit)?

- Ian.
I would definitely love to see your tutorials. I have been wanting to make some video tutorials and have a few started but the lack of time has prevented me from completing the tutorials.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote