View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #192
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
If you read back through this thread you would understand why it is different behaviour between running one versus multiple. Calibre has a major issue with memory leaks in the conversion process, so to work around this conversions should be done in the background. However if you are just doing a single ad hoc extract ISBN (which is how I usually tend to work) then for speed reasons I don't run it as a background job if you select only a single book.

It sounds like Calibre is crashing on your books when doing the extract when running in the background. No-one else has reported any issues with this, so I am inclined to believe it is something about the books you are scanning. You need to figure out the format that is causing the issue - duplicate the books (create empty books then merge in keeping the original), then one by one remove likely problem formats (starting with PDF) to see if it still errors.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote