Thread: Sleep Mode
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcud03 View Post
only problem is that i do not specifically turn it off... it will stay on and drain the battery down to nothing... is there a way to enable a sleep more were after 10 minutes it shuts itself off? thanks
I bought two from woot for my kids and they never specifically shut them down. There is a setting you can turn on that will put it in sleep mode after an hour.

The only difference between sleep mode and non-sleep mode is that in sleep mode the screen is blanked and the buttons are disabled. Power consumption is the same. E-ink is a bistable display, once the words are on the screen it doesn't need any power to keep them there.

But if it is not in sleep mode and a button is depressed and constantly inputting a signal then I would assume power usage would be higher.

You can enter sleep mode by using the switch on the top to blank the screen and disable the buttons.

I use a 505 and in the last 17 months I have only shut it down for a minute here and there other than that it has been on or in "sleep mode" the entire 17 months.

The only way I know to shut it down is via the menu. Maybe you can shut it down by prolonged position of a switch I don't know because it is not relevant to the proper care and feeding of either the 505 or the 300.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote