View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 12:58 AM   #1
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Kobo in trouble in Canada and the US

Hi everyone,

Found this in a couple of goodereader blogs:

The Canadian Government is Seeking to Destroy Kobo

Has Everyone Conceded the US Book Market to Amazon?

The second article is not Kobo centric (as you can guess from the title!), it still mentions how Kobo has closed its Chicago office and isn't investing in the US anymore.

As a Sony PRS-T1 owner, I'm looking at a very bleak future... Indeed, when it comes to magazine subscriptions, it looks as if I will HAVE to switch to the Kindle if I want to get them on my ereader in the future. As far as I'm concerned, we've gone from "not enough ebooks providers yet" to "not enough ebooks providers anymore" in a matter of half a decennium. It has got to be a record of some kind.
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote