View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Re: Jetbook Color & Windows CE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpayment View Post
Hi ProDigit, and to you as well, thanks for the reply.

As I mentioned above I've had eReaders for a dozen years and at least a dozen eReaders during that period, and I know what I like as a reader. Of all those I've owned, this is my first encounter with WinCE, and as I stated, for the JBC, it's pretty poor.
  1. Almost no user options;
  2. limited font choice;
  3. no choices in how to display menus/libraries;
  4. no user configurable startup/shutdown logos; and
  5. changing the defaults is impossible.
etc...
Well, the latest update at least resolved one of my complaints, I can now select "landscape right" or "landscape left" eliminating the two extra rotates to get where I want, but the other complaints are still valid. Having an option on my JBC to automatically re-open my last book where I left off is still highly desirable, and being able to configure the menu options for all screens, and the default display font size (for menu screens) is crucial. Being limited to a maximum of eight books per page on the "my library" pages sucks, particularly when I have nearly 1,500 books on my device already. I'd also like the option of displaying thumbnails or not, AS I CHOOSE.

Ectaco might get there eventually, but I have my doubts. In the meantime, I'm really hoping that someone who knows how readers use eReaders is working on an alternative OS for this device!

dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote