View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #8
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
So, I don't really have permission to talk directly about them. And right now I'm talking through a third party. Hopefully I will get a direct contact soon.

The general concept is that they want to distribute policy manuals to many employees. They don't want them used to read books. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they would have conflicts/problems with employees making a personal use of an organization device.

Secondly, the point about 'no bookstore' is not just that they don't need the bookstore. They want to make sure that the unit does not need to be registered with a bookstore account so that employees can't/won't run up charges or purchase unauthorized books.

Thanks for all of your input so far.

p.s. My opinion is that once I talk to them, the right answer will be that they do need an internet browser. Consider the way that you can download MR books on the Kindle by going to a MR web page. Similarly, it appears to me that this would be the correct way to sideload the device. Assuming they have many of these, how would you get up to date manuals on all of them. It appears to me that access through a web page to up-to-date stuff might be the best solution.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote