Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #17
Indio777
Addict
Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Mobile Phone, Kindle (rarely), but mostly still read paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
There was plenty of "skin" in the books, too. I don't care to guess on GRRM's personal tastes, but in ASOIAF he's disturbingly focused on the female anatomy.
Well, yes, this is an "adult" fantasy series.

I wonder how many people who have been critical of "skin" have read the books. You are right, there was "skin" in the books. But for a non-skin example, at least one reviewer has commented on the audacity of killing off one of the good guys in the first season. Well, jeez, that was in the book. And it was painful, but this is not an "after undergoing great hardships, all the "good" characters lived happily ever after tra-la-la-la-la series. I believe the series is better for that.

Bad things can happen to "good people." I won't go into detail and spoil things for those who are just starting the series.

But I still think HBO has inserted a lot of unnecessary footage. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it is HBO after all.

That being said, I loved the four volumes I have read, and eagerly await each new episode. Overall, a good job has been done so far. And of course, I bought Season One as soon as it came out on DVD.
Indio777 is offline   Reply With Quote