Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #59
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
So, testing the charing...

It went from 0% to 50% in an hour (or less, I didn't check until an hour after starting the charge).

Then it stayed at 50% for two (!!) hours... I suspected the battery meter wasn't updating. So I unplugged the cable, reconnected it, and the battery percent changed to 96%... and instead of showing the "plug" icon in the battery, it's now showing the "check mark"... so it stopped charging at 96% (I now vaguely recall it won't charge unless it's under 95%).

So what's up with that? Three hours in the charger, didn't update the meter and it didn't get further than 96%?? (Using the 2.5 hours charge as 'normal'.)

I unplugged the Glo and synced it to try and get the battery below 95% so it might charge... once the sync had completed, the battery read 98%!

I would have guessed a bad battery would charge extremely quickly... is my guess wrong? Could a bad battery also take forever and/or not get to its maximum charge? (Hmm that also sounds reasonable...)

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 01-11-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote