View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #11
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Quote:
I read some reviews on newegg that said the Jetbook got terrible battery life (5 hrs instead of 20) and had to get a replacement. Has anyone here experienced that problem?
I'm on about 10 months now and have no problem with the battery and it definately lasts longer than 5 hours. I've sat reading all rainy weekend day. I haven't measured but my gut is that it'll go about a day and a half of almost non-stop reading before I have to plug it in (so... 15 hours ish.) No problem for me since I need to sleep at some point.

Quote:
What format displays the best on the Jetbook/Jetbook Lite and about how fast does it take to load ebooks?
I like ePub (and I think RTF). I've found other format sometimes have margin/wrapping issues, extra spaces, extra carriage returns, font funkiness (`, " and -- sometimes having issues in translation), or the pain of font size vs. displays size and scrolling. IIRC ePub flows fine every time.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote