View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #13
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
I had the "SE Blank Ringo" response when I plugged in a frozen Kindle 3 given me by a friend recently. The Kindle was frozen on the Amazon start-up screen, and wouldn't take a charge. When I plugged it in to the wall charger, the amber light would go on (or not) then turn off after a few minutes.

Finally, I opened up the Kindle 3, took out the battery, and let it sit for half and hour, then put it back in. It took several hard restarts while plugged into a wall charger, for the Kindle to get through the whole startup screen without freezing. Finally it started, and I saw that 3G was turned on. It was as though it was trying to charge, but the active modem was eating the charge as soon as it applied. Finally, after several freezes, I got in quickly enough to turn off wireless connectivity, then the Kindle charged normally and works fine. (I did find one book trying unsuccessfully to index, which I deleted). I think the message here might be: "Never turn on wireless when your battery is low."
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote