Thread: iLiad Parts
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
Does anyone know if the power boards are the same between v1 and v2? I know the upgrade added an additional battery, but I'm not sure if the board was also changed.
Did you mean "additional battery" or "bigger battery"? The power board of the v1 looks like the one in Figures 4 and 5 of this guide. If your board looks the same, then it's probably the same board.

I haven't yet written part 3 of my iLiad Battery Hacks article, but...

Basically, the v1 power board contains an EEPROM chip that can be reflashed (kind of like new firmware) to support a new battery size. This is probably what iRex did during battery upgrades. So if you got the v1 batteries upgraded, or you own a v2, the board is probably the same as the original v1 board (and should be interchangeable).
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote