View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
It's unfortunate that you can lose rights by outsourcing the holding of your data; that would be like losing a right to your money because you held it at a bank rather than in a sealed baggy in your toilet tank.

I personally use cloud storage frequently to back up my data, but I also encrypt the data; it's not a perfect solution, but the redundancy for me outweighs the other risks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
I also don't see any indications in the brief that indicate they've access the data. I.e. as per usual, the EFF is a bit hysterical in its claims.
It's not that hysterical since the government admitted to going through the seized Megaupload data to see if there was any infringing files in Goodwin's account they could use to call into question his credibility; so they specifically went into his data to support their position, even though Goodwin isn't the target of either a criminal or civil investigation, he's just affected by the government's seizure of property.

Last edited by Ninjalawyer; 11-03-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote