View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Wink ***Reader Heaven!!!

I've had my iPad for a day as well. I really like both the kobo and Kindle apps. IBooks is great too - but no books to purchase in the Canadian ibook store store yet.

I don't have concerns with any of the reading apps. My regular reader has been a Sony 505 for the last 2+ years. I find all three iPad readers to be lightening fast compared to the page turns on the sony, plus the text is sooo much crisper. I'll keep the Sony for reading in the sun - plus i've invested in a lot books I'll want to reread. And it is nice and light.

There are several features I prefer on iPad. First how fast and effortlessly the pages turn, compared to the buttons on the 505. I reminds me of when I went from dial up to high speed - the next generation. Second being able to just download and start reading without being tethered to the computer is liberating.

Finally, the book selection is huge compared to the Sony store. For example I've waited for 2 years hoping they'd carry Colin Dexter's Inspector Morse series - but Sony still only has the last one in series. So I feel like I have gone to reader heaven. Everyone's needs differ - but if anyone is on the fence about what to invest in, i'd say the iPad is a far better choice than a. Sony.

Last edited by Victoria; 05-29-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote