View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
Thanks for the suggestion of using a hanging indent, I'll try that.

What's annoying is that I know HTML well and could easily make the ebooks myself, no need for this silly Word -> ebook conversion.

And experimenting with Smashwords is hard because each time you upload a file the ebook gets published immediately! What I'd really like to do is make small one page experiments and see how each one gets converted, but Smashwords makes this difficult.

Are there any other publishers that can get my ebook into the big retailers (Apple, B&N, Kobo, Sony, etc)?
You know modern HTML, but not everyone does. My HTML predates CSS and I'm told most of the old tags like <BR> (which was always easier to use than <P> and </P> ) are deprecated. And then you have people who've never used HTML at all.

The main thing is, the meatgrinder produces consistent results. If you were to start accepting hand-coded epubs, you have no idea what you could end up with. Heaven forbid someone finds a way to embed a virus into one.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote