Thread: Firmware Update Kindle Collection Manager for Windows
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #371
DisplacedMic
DisplacedMic began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hello - just downloaded and installed this program last night. I am sure it is exactly what I am looking for if I can only get it to work!

It appears everything is working fine, but when i reboot my Kindle 3 (special offers) i see the collections I created in KCM but none of the books are actually in there.

The first time i powered up the program, i created the collections i want, moved the books in and clicked commit. then i ejected the kindle. however i realized i'd forgotten a book so before i rebooted the kindle, i reconnected, opened the program (everything looked correct) and moved the offending book into its proper collection. clicked commit again, disconnected and this time i rebooted.

However when the Kindle came back to life, only 3 books were in 1 of my collections (should have been 5) and the rest were empty.

I figured I'd goofed by trying to make 2 edits w/out a reboot so i started over and did everything in one shot (deleted collections, created new ones, moved books in) - however now all of my collections are there - but they're empty.

When i reconnect and open the program it looks like everything should be right - but it's not translating to the Kindle - even with multiple reboots.

any advice?
thanks!
b

I apologize if this has been addressed already - i read through as much of the 25-page thread as i could but i didn't see anything relevant to me.
DisplacedMic is offline   Reply With Quote