View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
witchkitten
Enthusiast
witchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Look for a new ereader

I am interested in an ereader to replace my Nook Simple Touch. While I love the design of the device and the physical page turn buttons, I've found that both the hardware and software are very glitchy. I've already had the device replaced once and am having to replace it again. I'm also unhappy with B&N's lousy tech support and the direction their software is taking (I went so far as to revert to an older software version after they got rid of the page numbers in the table of contents).

Now I'm at a loss for what ereader to buy. The Kindle Touch is out because I prefer the epub format to the mobi/azw format, and because I find the device uncomfortable to hold. The rubberized contoured back of the NST is one of the biggest selling points of the device. I'm interested in the Kobo ereader but because I live in the U.S. there doesn't seem to be a way of looking at one in person to see if it's comfortable to hold, and check out the software.

Here are some things I'm looking for:

1) An E-Ink device.
2) Touch screen (a must).
3) Page numbers for all books. I like having them in the table of contents but if not, I'd like for there to be some other easy way of telling how many pages are left in a chapter without having to navigate to the next chapter to see what page it starts on. I also want to be able to see how many total pages are left in the book. I prefer dynamic page numbers like those found in iBook or Stanza for the iPad/iPhone but the static Adobe ones are better than nothing.
4) Epub support
5) If the device has a light for night reading I want the ability to turn off the light when I'm not using it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by witchkitten; 08-06-2013 at 02:45 PM.
witchkitten is offline   Reply With Quote