View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #36
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Take a look at post 19 in this thread. The quote is direct from the article linked.
Your comment that I cited referred to the Boox i86 8″ (see post #26) which is made by Onyx, is open Android and is not even out yet. Whereas your post #19 that you mention above refers to the Pocketbook InkPad, which is made by Pocketbook, is not open Android and is unrelated to your post #26, which is what I commented on. I think your getting your posts and e-readers confused.

To clarify, the Onyx Boox i86 will be open Android, and will have a plethora of reading apps available to it, many of which will work very well. This e-reader will probably suit the OP very well as it is 8" and will have a large choice of software available to read all formats, including epub and pdf.

Personally I wouldn't touch the Pocketbook InkPad because it doesn't run open Android. I prefer not to be limited to one single e-reading software when I can have many. No matter how good an e-reader's UI is, IMO it will never compete with the possibilities open to an open Android device. It think this is particularly important with a larger device, because the larger screen makes it more possible to use for other purposes, much like a tablet.

Last edited by Rizla; 01-16-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote