View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Ahh, the battle for the Kindle. My parents have exactly the same issue - my Dad bought one, but it arrived while I was visiting and he was away so I got Mum into using it. Now you can barely pry it out of her hands, so poor Dad is still borrowing books from the library until her birthday rolls around and he can justify an excuse for buying a second one...

The Kindle does have a most recently opened feature, unfortunately it is a pretty poor effort particularly if you like your books stored in collections. So what a lot of users do is create their own specially named collection on the Kindle so that it sorts to the top, and manually add their book into that collection while reading it and take it out when done.

So funnily enough you doing manual steps in Calibre like tagging is not dissimilar. If you only ever open/read one book at a time on the Kindle you don't need those steps as it will of course always open on the last page you were reading. But there is the risk when you proudly show it off to people and they open a few books it is easy to get lost...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote